March 5, 2012
Dear Women of Compassion,
I’m sure you join us in celebrating the success of our 4th annual Central Florida Women of Compassion (WOC) event held Friday, February 24 on our Lakeland campus. The highlight of the event was spending time with the girls and house mothers during our luncheon! We also received great reviews on the program, especially the worship time. One attendee said, “My favorite part was being in a room with all these ladies who have the same heart!”
CLICK HERE to see pictures from the event!
Just to recap:
- Voting Results: We overwhelmingly voted to underwrite the cost of remodeling the children’s bathrooms in one cottage, which happens to be on the Lakeland campus. This was the last item on the ballot. Central Florida Administrator Eron Green, the staff and our children asked me to express their appreciation for funding this project. Of course there will be pictures and tours at next year’s event! Thank you!
- Attendance: We were thrilled to welcome 30 prospective members to our event this year. Several of you joined and voted on Friday. If you would like to know more about membership, please do not hesitate to contact me at Julie.Boyd@FBCHomes.org or (863) 687-8811. We are grateful for the 52 members who made or pledged gifts totaling $52,000. It’s not too late to join this year and vote for one of the remaining 4 projects (by attending or by absentee ballot) at the WOC Fall event in Tallahassee! The North Florida Women of Compassion 2012 event will be held Friday, August 24, 2012 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. For more information regarding this upcoming event, contact Sorrell.Fields@FBCHomes.org.
- New Council Members: We are pleased to welcome three new council members who will be instrumental in helping plan and execute the 2013 event. Welcome aboard: Tracey Russell of Lakeland, Julee Ferreira of Lakeland, and Ashley Woodard of Oviedo.
- Next Year’s WOC Forum: Our next Central Florida Women of Compassion event will be held on Friday, February 15, 2013, with special guest speaker, Lisa Harper!
- Cooking Event: Remember the benefit event featuring Chef Randall Harper will be Monday, November 5, 2012! More information on this fundraising event to come!
The Staff of Florida Baptist Children’s Homes and the Women of Compassion Executive Council join me in expressing our sincere gratitude to those of you who participated in this annual event! If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to call us at (863) 687-8811 or email me at Julie.Boyd@FBCHomes.org. Again, thank you for your generosity and for your compassionate heart for the least of these……..
Vice President for Development