Here is the estimated cost for these items:
Shirt – $10
Pants/jeans – $15
Shoes – $25
Backpack – $15
Lunchbox – $10
Total amount for 1 child: $75
We want to bring these needs to life for your children’s group! Once created by you (we will provide the template to make it easy!), these larger-than-life-boy and quarters begin to multiply, the children will see change happening right before their eyes!
On the printable pattern we will provide, each boy and ready for school!
What if my children raise MORE than $75, you ask? Well, here is a little secret: we hope they do! There is no reason to stop at changing just one child. Dress as many children as you can. We are all about helping one more child!
Your children will have so much fun with this colorful visual and spirited project. Most importantly, their young hearts will be opened to how compassion changes lives!
One of the best things about the Change for Change project is how versatile it is to fit any size group or ministry. It is our intention for you and help you reach your goals!
Ideas to customize your project:
- Change the life of one more child – Last year, FBCH and families. However, we continue to remember that it is about one more child. Your project could focus on providing for the needs of one child!
- Offer a change – If you have a time where a formal offering is taken, pass a “ change” bucket around. The children will have fun trying to fill it.
- Race for change – Split your group into boys and make it a “race for change.” Encourage them by having an incentive at the end of the race!
- Change for shoes – Another idea instead of using our larger-than-life-boy or girl pattern is to focus on shoes (or another one of the items needed)! Have your children’s group bring change for shoes, and each time they “buy” another pair of shoes, place them on the floor down a hallway where the children will be walking. What better way than to remind them…“How beautiful….are the feet of those who bring good news…!” Romans 10:15 (NIV)
- Sponsor change – Raise enough change to sponsor a child in the developing world for an entire year ($35 a month). Click here to sponsor a child!
There are so many ways to be creative with this project! You might choose one of our specific campuses or one of the 12 developing nations we serve through One More Child to gift your money. Make this giving opportunity fit the needs of your group. We know whatever you choose will have great impact for your kids, and kids in need will be changed because of you. Is there anything better than that?
Are you ready to make a change? We are here to help! Depending on which direction you choose for your project, here are some of the tools and materials you may need to succeed!
- These downloadable images
- Material for your child pattern (cardboard, foam board, etc.)
- A projector if you choose a larger-than-life-size cut out
- A writing utensil to trace the image
- Cutting tools such as scissors or a jigsaw for heavy material
- Material for the clothes and accessories, such as poster board, cardstock, foam board, etc., depending on the size you choose
- Decorating supplies such as paint, stickers or other textures. However you choose to decorate your child, be creative! Add a face to the boy and colors.
If your group dresses more than one child, and let the children color in the clothes.
These smaller versions will represent the same amount of change, but may suit you better if space or time is scarce! Consider placing the additional changed children on the wall next to your large cut out.
Here are some talking points that may help as you communicated the needs for children to your young audience!
- “There are children who live near you who do not live with a mom, dad or grand they need your help! Would you like to help them?”
- “These children live in Florida and the Dominican Republic.” (Show them where these countries are on a globe)
- “Do you remember what it was like to have what you needed on the first day of school? Maybe your mom or dad took you shopping and more. BUT, we need your help!”
Thank you for teaching the next generation to have a heart for orphans! Leading up to your campaign and answer all of your questions. We also want to make it easy for you to drop off or mail your gift to us for children in need!
If you have questions or would like to send us pictures of your own Change for Change project, please email us or call 863.687.8811. You may send your Change for Change offering to P.O. Box 8190, Lakeland include your church’s name!