There are more than
children in Florida who need loving and stable homes. By becoming a foster parent, you can help bring children from lives of crisis to lives of belonging and love. It’s worth it!
We have an urgent and immediate need for foster parents who will show the love of Jesus to children who have been abandoned, neglected and abused. Our foster care program is second to none, and we will stand beside you every step of the way. We have foster care offices throughout the state with expert and compassionate staff members who are ready to help you take the next steps to becoming a foster parent.
Becoming a Foster Parent
Are you ready to be a foster parent? Guidelines for our foster parents include:
- Being at least 21 years old
- Being in good health (physician’s statement required)
- Having lived in the community for at least six months
- Following a lifestyle that is consistent with the Christian faith and the biblical truths (learn more about our founding beliefs)
- Having supportive character references
- Being emotionally and financially stable
- Satisfy background screening requirements
- Being willing to work with the child’s biological family
- Attending required hours of foster parenting classes
- Be a member of an Evangelical church
Models of Care
Many children are in need of loving homes. FBCH offers a variety of fostering options, including loving and caring for children in your own home or an FBCH sponsored home.
Traditional Foster Families live in the comfort of their own homes, providing a nurturing environment to children in need. Through FBCH’s program, families receive Christ-centered encouragement and critical support every step of the way.
Parents who foster in Foster Family Homes are provided an alternative housing arrangement. These homes differ from traditional foster homes as they allow parents to live rent-free in FBCH sponsored homes. Through this innovative foster ministry, sibling groups get to stay together in these multi-room, fully furnished homes.
If you’re specifically interested in serving in one of our Foster Family Homes as a foster parent in the areas listed below, please contact 1-855-51-CHILD (855-512-4453) or Foster@FBCHomes.org.