The response to loving One More Child through adoption has been so tremendous that we have a waiting list and are currently not accepting new applications at this time.
We are humbled by the incredible commitment to sacrificially love children shown by many faithful families and by the support of so many churches throughout the state.
We are glad to answer your questions about adoption via email or you can speak with our staff at 863-687-8811.
We do still have a great need for devoted, compassionate parents to care for One More Child through foster care. In 2016, more than 16,000 children in Florida were removed from their homes due to an investigation related to abuse, abandonment and/or neglect.
Every child deserves a safe, loving home and you can be an answer to a prayer for a child going through unimaginable trauma or simply struggling due to separation from family. You can learn more about the opportunity to become foster parents here, and we are happy to answer any questions via email or by phone, at 863-687-8811.
Who can Adopt?
At Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, our criteria for adoptive families includes:
- At least 23 years of age
- Have an active, growing relationship with Christ
- Being active in a local, Evangelical church
- Following a lifestyle that is consistent with the Christian faith and the Biblical truths
- At least one person in a married couple, or a single person, should not be more than 45 years older than the child being considered for adoption. Exceptions may be made.
- Couples must have been married for at least two years.
- Applicants must have lived in their current community for at least the last six months, be Florida residents and U. S. citizens or legal permanent residents.