Every gift, Every size
2017 Annual Offering
In 2016, Florida Baptist Children’s Homes impacted 171,273 children and individuals through services provided and through advocacy, training, awareness and volunteering. Each precious child and every individual included in that number had needs met and experienced the life-changing love of Christ because of gifts made to our ministry. This was possible only because of Every Gift of Every Size. For view more downloadable videos, click here.Give Now
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.1 Peter 4:10 (NIV)
3-month old Ava* arrived at one of our foster homes as a result of her mother’s drug addiction. From the get-go, the foster parents made it a priority to be a cheerleader for the biological mother and treat her as family.
They allowed the mom to have supervised visits in their home where she could rock, feed, bathe and nourish Ava and develop a strong bond with her daughter. When the mom was struggling to stay clean she knew she could call the foster mother for encouragement and friendship.
Ava’s mom went with the family to church on occasion, and when she was moving into an apartment, the church showered her with furnishings to make it a home.
The foster parents provided a loving Christian home to Ava for more than a year, and ultimately, they played a significant role in equipping Ava’s mom to be prepared to take her daughter back. The gift of an open home provided the opportunity for Christ’s love to be shared, and the gift of a supportive church family provided crucial resources for these foster parents. Every gift, every size will impact foster children.
11-year-old Lorena has endured countless hardships growing up in Cuba. She has never met her father, and her mother abandoned her when a new man came into her life. She was hungry and anxious, unsure of how long she could survive. One day an Orphan’s Heart mission team member invited her to join in activities at the local church.
Lorena began participating in Bible studies and quickly recognized God’s great love for her. An individual made the decision to change Lorena’s life forever by becoming her child sponsor. Today, Lorena is active in the church, her grades have improved, and she is learning to sing and play a musical instrument. The gift of friendship opened Lorena’s heart to the love of Christ and the gift of child sponsorship is enabling her to chase her dreams and overcome her traumatic past. Every gift, every size will impact children in developing nations through Orphan’s Heart.
16-year-old Ashley* came to The Porch Light safe home after being rescued out of the sex trade. Her parents were both incarcerated. On top of that, it turned out Ashley was pregnant. Her pregnancy was the result of an adverse situation, but she decided to keep the child. Staff at The Porch Light ensured she received professional prenatal care and went to all necessary doctors appointments, while also helping her create a gift registry and hosting a gender reveal party.
In time, Ashley opened her heart to Christ and would often ask for staff to pray for her. She even had a prayer list, which included the desire for a healthy baby and a foster family who would welcome her and her child into their home.
After much prayer, as well as diligence by The Porch Light staff, Ashley’s heart was full. She was placed into a foster home where she would be able to be a mother to her child. Miraculous stories of God’s healing power at work are only possible because of the gifts of monthly supporters, generous donors and compassionate volunteers to The Porch Light. Every gift, every size will impact child sex trafficking victims through The Porch Light.
*Names have been changed for confidentiality reasons.
Your Gift Makes a Difference
Nation and worldwide:
- In 2015, there were nearly 428,000 children in foster care in the United States, 13,500 more than the year before (The AFCARS Report, 2016)
- In 2015, an estimated 5.9 million children worldwide died before their 5th birthday (UNICEF, 2015)
- Nearly 16,000 children were removed from their home because of abuse, abandonment and/or neglect (Florida DCF, 2016)
- On average, there are more than 20,000 children per month in Florida who are part of investigations of abuse, abandonment or neglect (Florida DCF, 2016)
- In Florida, 1 in 6 people struggle with hunger (Feeding America, 2015)
- Florida was home to the 3rd most reported cases of sex trafficking in the U.S. in 2015 (National Human Trafficking Resource Center, 2016)
FBCH, Orphan’s Heart and The Porch Light planted seeds in 2016:
- We impacted 171,273 children and individuals through services provided and by equipping them through advocacy, training, awareness and volunteering
- We served 3,060,282 meals domestically and around the world
- We provided the equivalent of 170,422 days of childcare to children in Florida
- Our Sanctity of Human Life ministry impacted more than 3,400 lives through education efforts & sharing life-saving messages to advocate for unborn children.
- 41 women and children were provided housing, resources and spiritual guidance through our Brave Moms program. It launched in 2016 to help courageous single mothers get on paths to self-sufficiency.
Together, resolve to give your best gift to change the lives of One More Child in 2017!
- Start an Orphan Care Ministry in your church.
- Equip ambassadors at your church to spread awareness about The Porch Light and Florida Baptist Children’s Homes.
- Raise money to help finish a 100-home planned community in the Dominican Republic. $12,500 funds a brand new home for a family!
- Go on a mission trip with Orphan’s Heart and encourage church members to sponsor children around the world for just $35 a month.
- Share our videos and social media posts with your church members to keep them connected to the mission to help one more child!
Share through your church’s social media platforms (cut ‘n paste these sample posts or add your own flair)!
There are children who live in our community who feel alone, have been abandoned, are neglected or hungry. On Mother’s Day, our church will hold a special offering to plant seeds of hope in the lives of children through Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, The Porch Light & Orphan’s Heart. Will you pray about how the Lord will lead you to give? Learn more about the organization here >>www.FBCHomes.org.
It’s hard to imagine that right where we live, children are being trafficked and treated like commodities. Last year, Florida Baptist Children’s Homes had 1,121 days of care for children in their safe home (through The Porch Light) for victims of sex trafficking. They also impacted tens of thousands through advocacy and training efforts. They depend on the support of the Church Body to keep these programs thriving for children. Prayerfully consider how you might give for children this year through our offering on Mother’s Day, May 14.
Help us reach our goal to impact the lives of children who are hurting, are abandoned or alone. Be part of what God will do through our church this year to help restore innocent child victims of sex trafficking, feed those who are hungry and allow more foster children to know the love of a family. Please pray about how God will lead you to give toward this special offering on Mother’s Day, May 14!
*There are more photos available for your use in the resources download above!