As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another…1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)
Our mission at FBCH is to provide Christ-centered services to children and families in need. Volunteers at FBCH provide an array of services to help meet this mission and the volunteer opportunities at FBCH are numerous. Volunteers can be individuals or groups that wish to donate their time. All volunteers are integral in helping FBCH to meet the needs of children in crisis.
It’s simple, really. Love changes lives.
What types of volunteers are there?
Group volunteers – Group volunteers are members of church groups, clubs, teams and schools that work together in sharing God’s love by connecting with FBCH’s ministry through service.
Some examples of group volunteer activities are:
- providing support for campus events, such as the Back-to-School Party and Christmas Open House
- helping beautify the campuses through grounds work like weeding, planting and trimming
- assisting with large group activities for the children such picnics, games and activities
Individual volunteers – Individual volunteers provide invaluable service and support to FBCH by donating their time and talents. Some volunteers work in office and group settings on our campuses, while others receive additional training and work directly with the children.
Some examples of individual volunteer activities in an office or group setting are:
- providing clerical or computer support
- offering tutoring sessions
- teaching independent living and vocational skills
Some examples of individual volunteer activities for those working one-on-one with children are:
- mentoring and modeling the Christian lifestyle
- driving children to appointments and after-school activities
- becoming a visiting sponsor who spends time with an individual child
What are the volunteer needs?
Volunteer Needs – Find out the specific, campus volunteer needs in your area.
How do you apply to become a volunteer?
Please fill out our Volunteer Application, submit and you will be on your way to volunteering!