Start your adventure today by fostering children in need in one of our Foster Family Homes!
What are Foster Family Homes?
Through this innovative foster care ministry, more sibling groups can stay together and more loving Christian foster parents can support these children in their time of need thanks to these spacious, fully-furnished, rent-free homes! Parents who care for children in Foster Family Homes are provided an alternative housing arrangement that has numerous benefits that allow them to focus more time and energy on meeting the distinct, unique needs of each child in their care.
Take a virtual tour of the Foster Family Home in Gainesville!
We have Foster Family Homes in the following locations:
- Gainesville (vacant)
- Pensacola (coming soon!)
Benefits of caring for children in Foster Family Homes:
- Housing flexibility (no mortgage or rent payment)
- The homes are fully furnished
- Minimal utility expenses
- Opportunity to help children grow spiritually, socially, academically and emotionally
- Ability to care for larger sibling groups, which is crucial for the emotional wellbeing of many children
Requirements to be considered for a Foster Family Home:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A sincere desire to serve God in this capacity and do work for His Kingdom
- An active member of a New Testament church
- Accepts the Baptist Faith and Message Statement
- Be married and at least 21 years of age
- Cannot have more than two children currently living with them
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- A current driver’s license with safe driving record (6 points or less) and vehicle insurance
- Physically able to complete a Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB) training
Preferences for parents in Foster Family Homes:
- Experience with children and teenagers
- Married at least two years
- Strong belief that people have the capacity to grow and change
- Posses a sensitivity to the cultural differences present among those we serve, as well as our staff
- Ability to be flexible and teachable
- Demonstrates good verbal and written skills
- Has strong ability to manage time and resources effectively