Ben*, a seven-year-old boy served through our backpack program, saw tremendous improvement in his grades this past school year because he had access to healthy foods over the weekends. He was able to return to school on Monday mornings with his tummy full and ready to learn! We are currently providing 477 children like Ben with backpacks full of food each month. This year alone, we have already provided 40,000 meals for those children!
For children like Ben, the Compassion Ministries program at Florida Baptist Children’s Homes is expanding to meet the needs of more children in tangible ways. The vision we have for children in our communities is bold. With your help we can provide services that include:
- Centers for after-school care for at-risk children
- Backpack programs in elementary schools throughout the state
- Summer camp feeding programs
- Life-skills classes for children
- Parenting classes for caretakers
- Birthday kits, Thanksgiving baskets and Christmas gifts
Will you please help provide resources to meet tangible needs of children throughout Florida?
PRAISE BE TO THE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,
THE FATHER OF COMPASSION AND THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT. 2 CORINTHIANS 1:3 (NIV)
* Name has been changed for confidentiality reasons.
Please Note: Your gifts will be applied to the area that you designate. If designated gifts should exceed the amount required for a particular need, then those funds will be applied to the area of greatest need for our children.