About Women of Compassion
We are passionate about helping children who have been abandoned, neglected and abused.
Women of Compassion is a giving society of women who are passionate about changing the lives of innocent children. Members give $1,000 or more to the Women of Compassion fund in one calendar year. By joining Women of Compassion, members are helping to make a difference in the lives of abused, neglected, and orphaned children.
Here is just a glimpse of what the society has accomplished through Florida Baptist Children’s Homes and Orphan’s Heart to help those who have been abandoned, neglected and abused:
- Remodeled a kitchen on our Miami campus and bathrooms in a Lakeland cottage campus
- Given scholarships to families so they could adopt children into their “forever families”
- Built 25 homes in Guatemala for children and families in desperate need
- Supported “Sound the Call,” an event equipping volunteers and professionals across the state to encourage mothers facing unplanned pregnancies to preserve the sanctity of human life.
- Assisted children “aging out” of the foster care program
- Provided furniture for developmentally delayed adults in Ft. Myers
- Built an orphanage in Uganda and Tanzania
- Funded the Life Program for all the children in our care to learn critical life skills
The society gathers once a year during the Women of Compassion Forum to discuss ways to help orphaned and disadvantaged children, and in the process, determine where certain funds should be directed to achieve maximum impact on the lives of these children.
If you would like to start changing the lives of children in a significant way while getting to know amazing women, join the Women of Compassion Giving Society today! If you have any questions about joining Women of Compassion, contact Kristen Hitchcock, director of major gifts in Central Florida.