What is a One-on-One Volunteer?
A One-on-One volunteer is a volunteer that has been screened and background cleared to provide invaluable individual services to children, teens and families. These individuals have a heart for children in need and want to get connected at a deeper level. (One-one-One Volunteers must provide references and a full background screening at the expense of volunteer.)
What types of opportunities are there for One-on-One Volunteers?
- Baby-sitting – Do you have sitter skills? Baby-sit for foster care families or for a house parent night-out on an as needed basis.
- Job Coach – Do you have an interest in providing vocational skills? Work with an individual child to teach and encourage skills on campus jobs or to prepare for him or her for a job in the community.
- Mentor – Do you feel led to have special relationship that is encouraging and supportive to a child or teen? Spend quality one-on-one time with an assigned child/children/teen to encourage, guide and model a Christian lifestyle.
- Transport Volunteer – Do you believe you can help in the area of transporting by assisting house parents or foster parents? Volunteer to transport children to doctor appointments, extracurricular events, home visits, etc.
- Social Worker Volunteer – Do you have social worker skills and a professional background in this area? Provide home studies for foster/adoption homes and work with the Family Support Counselors.
- Visiting Sponsor – Are you interested in building a special relationship with a child in need? Spend one-on-one quality time with assigned child/children to encourage, guide and model a Christian home life. This may include weekend visits, holidays, etc.
Yes, I am an individual interested in becoming a One-on-One Volunteer! CLICK HERE for an application.