What is a Group Volunteer?
Of the several ways to volunteer at the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, group volunteerism is a great way to donate your time and energy to a variety of projects on campus. For example, Group Volunteers may plan to come with church groups such as Sunday school departments and classes, youth groups and/or various service organizations. Group Volunteers are supervised by FBCH staff and are identified by their red volunteer badges or stickers.
What types of opportunities are there for Group Volunteers?
- Activities – Helping with large group activities for residents (picnics, games, sports activities/clinics, etc.)
- Spiritual – Leading Bible studies for the boys/girls
- Events – Assisting with Campus Events (Fall Festival, Olympics, Back-to-School Party, etc.), Decorating the campus for Christmas, etc.
- Maintenance – Helping with grounds work and making the campus more beautiful through weeding, planting and trimming; helping with special projects as needed
- Decorating – Painting, decorating, etc.
Due to the wealth of knowledge and skills of volunteers, there are endless volunteerism possibilities on campus! We look forward to working with you in your desire to serve.
Is your group interested in volunteering? Please contact the campus nearest you to get started. Click here for campus locations.