1 Peter 4:10 “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another…” 1 Peter 4:10 (ESV)
Our mission at FBCH is to provide Christ-centered services to children and families in need. Volunteers at FBCH provide an array of services to help meet this mission and the volunteer opportunities at FBCH are numerous. Volunteers can be individuals or groups that wish to donate their time. All volunteers are integral in helping FBCH to meet the needs of children in crisis.
It’s simple, really:
Love Changes Lives.
What types of volunteers are there?
Group Volunteers – Group Volunteers are members of clubs, teams, schools, church groups, etc. that work together in sharing God’s love by connecting with FBCH’s ministry through service.
Some examples of Group Volunteer activities are:
- providing support for campus events, such as the Back-to-School Party and Christmas Open House
- helping beautify the campuses through grounds work like weeding, planting and trimming
- assisting with large group activities for the children such picnics, games and activities
On Location Volunteers – Campus Volunteers are individuals who provide invaluable service and support to FBCH by donating their time and talents.
Some examples of Campus Volunteer activities are:
- providing clerical or computer support
- offering tutoring sessions
- teaching independent living and vocational skills
One-on-One Volunteers – One-on-One Volunteers work directly with children, mentoring and modeling the Christian lifestyle. One-on-one volunteers receive additional training for their increased level of commitment.
Some examples of One-on-One Volunteer activities are:
- mentoring children
- driving children to appointments and after-school activities
- becoming a visiting sponsor who spends time with an individual child
What are the volunteer needs?
Volunteer Needs – Click to find out the specific, campus volunteer needs in your area.
How do you apply to become a volunteer?
Contact the campus location nearest you to discuss what types of things you might be interested in helping with. If you decide that you are able to volunteer please fill out our Volunteer Application then mail it or bring it to the Children’s Home campus location nearest you. This form helps us to better understand your interests and provides us with information we need to have on all persons that interact with children in our care. We ask for a lot of information on our volunteers in order to ensure the proper care and safety of all of our children.
Click here for campus locations.