Women of Compassion is a world-changing giving society of women who are passionate about helping ONE MORE CHILD.
Members give $1,000 or more to the Women of Compassion fund in one calendar year. By joining Women of Compassion, members are helping to make a difference in the lives of abused, neglected and orphaned children.
Here’s a glimpse of what we’ve accomplished:
- Built an orphanage in Uganda and Tanzania
- Funded Foster Care Support counselor positions so more children can be placed in loving foster homes
- Given scholarships to families so they could adopt children into their “forever families.” This resulted in more permanent, loving families for children.
- Built 25 homes in Guatemala for children and families in desperate need
- Provided critical assistance to children “aging out” of the foster care program
- Funded the Life Program for all children in care at One More Child, allowing them to learn critical life skills
- Helped fund One More Child safe home for child victims of domestic sex trafficking
Women of Compassion Membership
Women of Compassion is a society of women who are passionate about giving to change the lives of children throughout Florida and in countries throughout the developing world. The cost of joining is $1,000 for one year and includes:
- The opportunity to truly impact precious children in desperate need
- Free entry to an inspiring Women of Compassion event
- Inspiring mailings, including the Women of Compassion Newsletter
- Advance notice of exciting mission trip opportunities exclusively for Women of Compassion
- Special events
We are passionate about giving to change the lives of children around the world.
Director of Development for Central Florida
Pam Fuller serves as Director Development for Central Florida. She is responsible for cultivating donor relationships and leading Women of Compassion, a world-changing giving society of women who are passionate about helping innocent children in need. Adopted as an infant through a children’s home in another state, Pam has enthusiastically supported the mission of One More Child for many years.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of South Florida and spent the first 24+ years of her professional career working for elected officials at the state and federal levels. Pam is honored by the God-sized opportunity to help One More Child provide hope and security to children in need.
Pam and her husband Michael have been married for 22 years. They attend Church at the Mall in Lakeland where she teaches a Kindergarten Connect Group. Pam is also a published author, a cancer survivor and proud mother of her son, Alec. She enjoys college football, expanding her circle of friends and spoiling her Labrador, Noel.
Director of Development
Rebecca Rothman serves as the Director of Development for One More Child. She is responsible for the statewide strategic direction and management of fundraising initiatives essential to developing, expanding and stewarding annual fund support for One More Child. Rebecca also manages all foundation proposals and mail appeals.
Rebecca earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. She went on to receive her master’s in business administration from Saint Leo University. Prior to joining the staff at Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, Rebecca was an accountant at Raulerson & Co., where she was responsible for client communications as well as nonprofit tax issues and audits. She also created, developed and led the homeless ministry at Plant City’s First Baptist Church from 2012-2014.
As an adopted child herself, Rebecca has a passion for giving hope and worth to hurting children through the life-changing love of Christ.
Rebecca and her husband, Mark, have been married for nine years and reside in Plant City. They have three children, Layla, Rex and Jacob. In her spare time she enjoys competitive running. She is an active member at Plant City’s First Baptist Church as a youth leader, deacon’s wife and homeless ministry volunteer.
See the impact our love and commitment has made in 2017.